Gone are the days of the typewriter and confidential documents locked away in a vault! Everything is on a computer, on a drive or in the cloud. It’s important that all businesses ensure their IT systems are operating securely and reliably, and that critical information remains available, compliant and protected from unauthorised access or accidental loss. So, how can you be certain that your systems are performing satisfactorily?
Regular IT audits are an excellent way to make sure your business data is stored securely, confidentially and in accordance with compliance regulations. A comprehensive IT audit will assess your organisation’s entire technology infrastructure. This includes systems, physical environment, user access, management, operations, policies, standards and processes.
Why should I review my IT?
Now, more than ever, it is crucial for businesses to know and understand their IT. Why?
- To define how IT can assist in achieving business objectives
- To be aware of all possible security gaps in your infrastructure and systems, and address them
- To discover functionality holes, exposing opportunity to increase overall business performance
- To keep up to date with new technology, minimising employee frustration and increasing employee retention
- To gain competitive advantage by adopting digital transformation.
By evaluating your IT, you will understand the risks that may jeopardise the availability, integrity and performance of your business systems and data. You’ll identify the effectiveness of your processes and discover underperforming systems.
An IT review can seem like a daunting process! It doesn’t have to be.
How do I know if my business needs an IT review?
Not sure if now is the right time to conduct an IT audit? Or even if you really need it? If you answer YES to any of the questions below, you should conduct an IT review.
- Do you feel you have you lost control over your IT?
- Are you unsure what infrastructure you have?
- If you have a provider, are you unsure of what you’re paying for?
- Has it been more than 12 months since you last checked your internet plan?
- Do you experience frequent downtime?
- Have your IT needs changed? Maybe you need new technologies for remote working or multiple offices?
- Do you have outdated software?
- Do you feel like your systems are underperforming?
- Is your business ready for an IT plan or roadmap?
- Are you in a period of growth?
What can I expect following an IT audit?
Following an IT audit and implementation of recommendations and changes, you will have control over your infrastructure, systems and costs. You’ll remove frequent downtime and outdated systems. Your business will be prepared and have a plan for growth.
How do I conduct an IT review?
Are you ready to take your IT seriously? Contact us to chat about how we can work with you through your IT audit. A friendly consultant is ready answer your questions on 1300 991 351 or via email, email@example.com.